Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Some Snow...and, We're Farmers?

Mike got us up bright and early on Saturday and told us we were headed to Star Valley.  We hopped in the car and decided to bring Charlie along.  Mike wanted to park the snowmobiles there for the summer.


 We listened to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on the way there.





 As we got to the top of the canyon, I felt the truck slow down and wondered what was going on.  Mike told me he was going to take his beel for a roar.

 The kids all took off running and playing.



 It's crazy to see Jake rip around out there like a maniac.  I guess he's growing up and has discovered that fast is fun.

Charlie and I watched from the window when the kids were tired of playing with him.

Allie is still pretty cautious, but she is getting better.


I loved hearing the yells from the boys as Mike popped wheelies and got air as he sped around.


Mike talked me into going for a rip and I had so much fun.  I was in my sandals.  No biggie.


After everyone got a chance to roar, we loaded back in and continued on to Star Valley.


Mike and I bought a piece of land from Joe, and I guess now we're farmers.  Mike and Joe have been talking about sprinkler lines and we've been out buying pipe.  On Saturday, we moved the line from the top of the knolls down to the bottom.  The kids loved walking along as the motor slowly but steadily moved the pipe down the hill.

I loved all the photographic lines and wanted to take dozens of pictures.


Jason hopped on the motorcycle and took advantage of our inattention.  He was driving like a crazy man!  Mike pulled him over and reminded him that he didn't have a helmet on and that he needed to take it slow.  He got a little bummed out and told me that it's only fun if you go fast.  I told him to just take it easy and practice turning and weaving.  He said "but I only like turning if I can do it fast".  In the end, we directed him to the helmets and tried to make him agree to take it easy.  He loves the motorcycle at Grandpa's house.

Mike tried to learn all that he could from his dad.  It's a bit intimidating to me to delve into this world that I know nothing about.  We'll see how it goes.

Nate ran and jumped and hung from the line and then ran around in circles again.  He has boundless energy.

Jake and Allie worked hard.  We had to take apart the wheel line now that the property has been divided up.  They learned how to maneuver the pipe in order to make it all line up straight.



 They got on the tractor to smooth out some of the gopher holes up top as well.  It's all stuff to learn.



We're farmers now...grandpa Joe does most the work, but we'll figure it out.

No comments: