Jake had his first overnight swim meet last weekend. He packed up his bags and took off on Friday morning.
I'm sure I embarrassed him as I snapped pictures, but I don't care.
On the way to the school to drop him off, I drilled him about putting the dead bolt on the door and reminding his roomies that he sleep walks. I told him to be on his best behavior and remember who he is. Then, I sent him off with good luck wishes.
He had so much fun. He bettered both his times. 50 free was 30.1 and his 100 free was 1:07. I think that's pretty great for a kid who just started swimming in May.
On the way home, they stopped at Panda Express for dinner and "for the first time in my life, I filled up on orange chicken!"
We're always making him share with one or more people, so he never gets to eat his fill at Kung Foo Panda (as we call it) and it is his very favorite. So, of course, it was the best trip ever.
I love that he's making these fun high school memories. Swimming is awesome and I love that he loves it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment