Nathan's class at school was going to the ice skating rink for their field trip. They needed volunteers to help with shoes, so I signed up. I ended up not reading the message right and I was too late to tie shoes. Yikes!
They did tell me I could skate for free and Nathan was begging, so I donned some ice skates and took a turn around the rink.
I'm too old for that anymore. I was terrified of falling down and permanently injuring myself. So, I took those skates off as soon as I could and I watched from the sidelines.
He was off racing kids before you know it.
He did have quite a spill at the end where he really hurt his elbow and knee. They both swelled up really bad, but I don't think he broke anything.
It's better him than me, but I was still sad for him.
It was a fun field trip. I'm glad he got to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment