Jason and Nathan had a good church day today. It was testimony meeting and a few kids got up. I guess Jason was inspired to get up because he started to walk past me. I stopped him and asked what he was doing...
Jason: I'm goin' up. I'm just going to do it.
Me: Oh. Okay. Let's just wait until this sister is done talking and then you can go. What are you going to say?
Jason: I'm just going to say that I love this church, and I love my family, and I am excited to get baptized this year. I'm going to be so nervous! I am so nervous.
Me: You'll be great.
Jason: I don't know what's going on. I'm out of my head! I'm going to be so nervous!
The woman bearing her testimony went long and then the time was up by the time she was done. The Bishop was closing the meeting by the time Jason got past me and into the isle. I tried to pull him back, but the Bishop said "was Jason coming up? Come on up Jason!" So he scurried up there. He said "I just want to say that the church is true. I love my family, and (pause, pause, heavy breathing into the mic) I can't wait to be baptized. I love the church".
Then he came rushing down to me, clenching his fists, shaking his head, blushing furiously. It was the cutest thing you've ever seen.
As soon as he sat down, he said "I was so nervous, I forgot how I was going to say it all." Someone leaned back and told him he did a good job, and he proceeded to tell her how nervous he was and what he had intended to say, but forgot as soon as he got up there.
It was just the cutest thing ever. I love that Jason boy.
Nathan had a talk today in primary. This was his talk:
"This is a poem from The Friend magazine.
Following the Liahona
One morning, Lehi's family found a special compass small and round. When they chose to disobey, the compass wouldn't show the way. But when they followed God's command, he sent them toward the promised land.
1st Nephi 16:10 'And it came to pass that as my father arose in the morning, and went forth to the tent door, to his great astonishment he beheld upon the ground a round ball of curious workmanship; and it was of fine brass. And within the ball were two spindles; and the one pointed the way whither we should go into the wilderness.'
The Lord is our guide as we live on this earth. When we are feeling lost, we can ask him to guide us. We have to be obedient, and do the things we need to be doing to hear His guidance, but I know He is always there for us." Then he bore a simple and short testimony.
He did a great job. I've got cute boys.
On another note, it was the superbowl too. We were rooting for the Chiefs because we didn't want the 49er's to win. :)
It was a fun night for the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment