I got the idea from my sister in law to put food coloring in a squirt bottle of water and let the kids "paint" the snow. A little while ago when I thought I would go crazy cleaning up one more mess or solving one more "disagreement" between the kids, we went out to try it.
I just realized I didn't take any pictures of them actually spraying the snow, but that's okay. I'm sure you can imagine it. Jake got blue and Allie had pink (lately she is really insistent upon having everything be pink). They loved spraying the snow. It was one of those rare times when we were the only kids out in our neighborhood and I was getting cold and bored with no other Moms to chat with, but the kids were entertained by colored water.
Jake has decided that it is really fun to make yellow snow.
After catching Allie doing this...
We had a good chat about eating colored snow.
One of the only bad parts about winter (I love the cold and all the snow), is this...
After spending 15 minutes getting all the snow clothes on, and fighting to keep them on (curse those little hands and gloves), you get to come in and clean up the mess. Everything is wet and really annoying.
Allie is a little less willing to stay out for long periods of time. When she gets cold, she informs me that she wants hot chocolate, then makes her way back inside. I usually come in to find her out of snow clothes, and trying to scrounge up something to eat. Sometimes, she finds every blanket in the house (there are not as many available to her anymore because it was creating too many problems) and snuggles in on the couch to get warm.
It really has been a pretty fun winter. Hope you are all enjoying the snow...just stay away from the colored patches around our yard.
3 comments:
I was thinking the samw thing about the wet clothes and dirt on the floors from wet snow. It drives me nuts. it also takes like 10 extra minutes to get out the door. AHHHH!! But, it can be pretty and I love hot chocolate.
We will have to try that. What a fun idea!
That is a good idea! I will add that to my list of things to do with the kids when they are going nuts inside.
Post a Comment