Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bedtime Reading

I love how Jake props a book up each night so he can stare at it as he goes to sleep. He usually chooses a favorite page and stares at that page. Last week the book of the hour was a dinosaur book. In that book the favorite page is the one with all the Venus Fly Trap plants.

This week's book of the hour is a book of Bible Stories.





It used to be in our church bag and I had never read it to him (we just looked at the pages in church). So when he found it, he asked to read it. When we got to the page about Moses and the burning bush, we couldn't go any further. Reading time was over because he wanted to just stare at that page.

As I was tucking him in, he set things up so he could see the page and he said,

"Momma...I wouldn't touch that burning bush. I would just walk around it."


P.S. The water tucked under his arm must be COLD, and he has to watch me pour it (that habit probably stems from me trying to pull a fast one on him and pour cold water from the tap instead of ice water from the fridge). And, notice that only "squares blankie" is allowed to cover him. He won't get under the covers no matter how cold it is.
That's my quirky boy!

4 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

I want to know if he ever drinks the water, or if it is just there for comfort?

Berly said...

SILLY LITTLE BOY!!

Nancy said...

Jaron has to be in control of his lamp. He decides when the light is on or off. Sometimes he looks at the Friend to go to sleep, but Jake has got a system down. He's so cute.

Gina said...

I love that he doesn't hold it but just has it sitting perched up on his bed. I think that is hilarious. It was fun to see you yesterday!