I have a minute right now while things are quiet. I should be sleeping, but that's just not going to happen.
Sam is right here being as cute as possible.
Things went well yesterday. He was born at around 1. He was surprisingly small (I had imagined at least 8 pounds) but he was 7 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 and a half inches long. He came out crying. I should say screaming. They got him all cleaned up and gave him to me right away. He hasn't been out of my sight since.
He has blond hair and a total old man hairline. He looks like Jake did when he was a baby, which means he looks just like Mike.
He started to struggle with his breathing and gave us all a scare. We decided to hurry and bless him. We got him dressed up in his super cute blessing outfit and had a really neat experience there in the room.
He is a special spirit.
The photographer from Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep re-arranged her schedule to come in and take pictures of our family. She did such a great job and I am really excited to see how they turn out. Sam was a total model and didn't even fuss when we got him naked for a few.
I spent all night snuggling him and had some really neat moments with him being totally alert. Now his breathing sounds better and he just seems really content.
We are just living it up over here. The hospital is nice and the nurses are really good to give us all the time we need (except for in the middle of the night). It's just been really nice.
I love my sweet baby Sam!
12 comments:
Thank you for posting your sweet pictures--I think he is the most adorable baby I have ever seen. We've been thinking about you and praying for you--have a wonderful day!
Such fun pictures. I was actually thinking he looked like a pretty solid, well-rounded kid until you said you thought he was less than 8 pounds. He still looks like a keeper, though. How are YOU doing? So glad to hear things are going well.
Congratulations!!!! He is so sweet! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Love ya!
Rhonda
What sweet pictures! He looks like such a doll. Hang in there...we are thinking about you!
He's adorable!! Thanks for posting the pictures. I love the blanket too. Enjoy your precious time with your sweet angel!!
Thanks for posting. You are wonder girl! I think he is so precious. I'm glad to see you and the kids and of course mike are all there! What a wonderful family moment! Love you guys! We are still praying for you! Let me know if you need anything. I hope YOU are still fine!
You have been on my mind for 2 days I am so happy to see the pictures! He is beautiful, and I love the family picture! You are very blessed Sue!
Love you
He is so stinkin cute. I can't wait to get my hands on him tomorrow! I love you.
He is adorable Sue! Wish I could come see him in person. We are so happy for you guys!
Sue he is so beautiful!! I'm so glad everything is going well I can't stop thinking about you and your family. Thanks for posting for all of us.
He is so precious - I'm glad you posted pictures of him! We are praying for you.
Sam is a special spirit, and a beautiful baby. And yes he looks a lot like Jake.
Post a Comment