Monday, September 14, 2009

Pictures

There is an amazing service available for babies like Sam called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. Professional photographers volunteer their services and come to take pictures.
I got my disc today and I am so in love with these pictures. Sam was only a few hours old, so he still had imperfect skin and lots of wrinkles. In fact he changed a lot that first day. But I love these pictures because they trump any of the ones I was able to take. I have bawled a lot about the lack of pictures. I realized that it was because we rarely put him down, so all the pictures I have are of people holding him.
Anyway, here are some of the pictures so you can see what a beautiful little boy we had.































14 comments:

Berly said...

What wonderful pictures!! Love them...

MaryAnn said...

Those are so precious. I especially love Sam's little cheeks. :) Thank you so much for sharing this all with us. Baby Sam seems to have touched so many lives. We are continuing to pray for you and your little family. Loves!

Renee said...

Wow those turned out great! I love the picture of him on your chest with the locket showing. I LOVED all the blonde hair that little guy had. I hope you are hanging in there! What a blessing to have these wonderful pictures!

Syndee said...

Mike and Sue

Those are so wonderful! I love them, thanks for sharing this journey! You two are amazing people. I'm sure you have heard that a lot lately. Not enough I'm sure! What a beautiful family. The very most important part is that you are an ETERNAL FAMILY! Thank you so much for the spirit you convey in you and your kids it is wonderful for people to see. I am so proud of the way you guys have taken this trail and used it to let your testimonies grow! I think you guys are wonderful once agian and I know your being blessed through many concerned friends! Love ya all!

Nancy said...

Those pictures are so beautiful!! I love the little naked picture of him sleeping. He looks so peaceful and content in all the pictures. Our prayers still go out to all of you. We love you so much!

lori parkhurst said...

The pictures are wonderful. I absolutly love them. The locket one of him on your chest is my favorite. He was a special guy and you have a great family. Just remember you are loved by so many people and we are ALL pulling for you. Love you.

maynardmoments said...

Those pictures are wonderful! You all look good in each one, and each one tells a story of its own. So precious.

Jones said...

Oh I love them! They all turned out so good.

Diana said...

These are awesome! Most of the NILMDTS pictures I have seen are black and white but I love the vibrancy of the colors, just like Sam's blanket. They seem to shout out "life!" to me. I love his little blessing outfit, too. I'm so glad you have these to remember and enjoy.

Grandma and Bonka said...

I love the pictures. I wish I could have held Sam for just one little tiny minute. I am looking so forward to meeting him in heaven (if I make it!.

The Bates Famdamily said...

Wow!! SO SO SWEET! Priceless.

Melissa said...

I promise you that you made the right decision to hold Sam and be with him instead of setting him down to take pictures of him (although it is completely understandable why you'd want to capture every moment of his life). But I really do think that the memories you created from being with him and holding him will forever be more powerful than the pictures you could of taken of him if you had set him down.

I love to hear that he was being held in every picture you have of him because that means you photographed his life - one of love! What a luckly little boy to only know love in his life!

These photos you've posted are priceless. They turned out beautifully and will fill in the holes of the pictures you didn't have a chance to take yourself!! I'm glad you took the time to enjoy Sam while he was here and to love him and show him that love every moment he was here.

kbankids said...

What an absolutely beautiful baby!
You realy were blessed!

Mark J. Stoddard said...

Very touching photos indeed. Thank you for sharing. Sorry I couldn't come to the funeral. The little guy is now about his Father's business with love for his good parents whose hearts were with him from the start.