We finally got the last word on this baby's heart. The last ultrasound left the Dr. with some questions so they scheduled me to come in again a month later. Now that I am further along, the Dr. could be quite sure that if there were going to be problems, they would be able to see them by now. They didn't see anything. The 4 chamber heart was beautiful to my eyes, and it was cute to see his little face, hands, feet, and round little tummy. I had a lot of anxiety about this baby in the beginning. When they couldn't rule out anything at the first ultrasound, I was still a mess. Everyone tells me that healthy babies are the norm and that I shouldn't be as worried as I am, but my eyes have been opened and I couldn't help but imagine the worst case scenario. I know it sounds foolish to all of you to worry about another heart defect when Sam's was so rare. But the world of hearts is so complex. They can't say if Sam's defect was genetic or just a fluke. The only way to tell if it's genetic is if we have another baby with a heart defect. So, the possibility, though small, was there.
I am really grateful that I found peace with this baby after that first ultrasound, and that I have been able to choose to accept that peace. I haven't gone back to that state I was in before and I look forward to holding and meeting this sweet baby. This ultrasound wasn't nearly as nerve wracking as the last because I had peace. So, things look good. He is growing right on track, he is still a boy, and there are 4 beautifully working chambers in his heart.
The kids are still really excited and Allie likes to tell everyone that this baby has a healthy heart. She was at the ultrasound with us and was excited to see his cute face too.
So, that's our news.
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for so many things. We are blessed.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't wait to meet baby boy in March. Love you, Lori
What wonderful news to know his four heart chambers are there! I pray that he continues to grow and develop so that you may find joy in raising him. What a glorious blessing it is to be a mother.
Post a Comment