Luckily, the Internet had suggestions on getting cockle burrs out of hair. If this ever happens to you, get the hair wet and smother conditioner on it. Then they kind of just came out. There were lots of little pieces that we had to get with a fine toothed comb, but they came out. It was an hour project, and nothing I would care to repeat, but I am glad we were able to salvage her hair.
Half way done and still smiling! I was so proud of her. She normally screams when I comb the knots out of her hair in the morning. This was way worse and she just took it like a big girl.
Yuck... she has also been given instructions to stay out of the river bed unless she has her hair in a ponytail. What a mess!
3 comments:
Glad you found that suggestion online to use conditioner. Probably saved a lot of pain, and a lot of hair.
Guess I should be thankful for boys and their short hair.
Holy cow! I can't even imagine how that would be if it happened to my girls they scream bloody murder just to comb hair! What a smile on her!
That picture is classic! Do you remember our dumb dogs would get into those?
Post a Comment