I know it's terrible to laugh through a prayer, but tonight I couldn't help it. We have told the kids to get a little more creative in their prayers because they were tending to say the same things over and over and speeding up as if it were a race.
Taking things to heart, Jake has started to list every single thing he is grateful for. The list mostly includes family members, but then it starts to veer into the favorite things of the day. Favorite toys, friends that were fun, activities...it's just cute.
I was wishing for a tape recorder for tonight's prayers because Allie was cracking me up. I am putting this into quotes, but obviously this isn't exactly how she said things, just what I remember.
"I'm thankful for mommy, and daddy, and Jake, and Sam, and for the baby in mom's belly...even though we don't know his name and he is still in her belly, we know that we love him. I hope that I can be a good sister and be nice to him. He will be a good baby. Help me to be reverent (as she was jumping up from her knees). Help me to be nice to our baby boy. And I know that we have fun toys to play with, and I know that we have a good family, and I know...and we know..." and on and on. It was so cute.
I sure do love these kids.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will say this once again. That girl is a crack up!
Those are some sweet moments. Wish you could just bottle them up and keep them forever. Journaling is an inspired task.
Post a Comment