Sunday, November 18, 2012

So sad

My computer won't turn on.  I am using Mike's lap top right now.  This has happened before.  I have had computers die before.  I've lost pictures before and dealt with the sadness that goes with all of that.  I still mourn for the loss of November 2007 pictures that I'll never get back.  Just last week, I was talking to the gals at book club and feeling bad for Natalie whose computer died and took all their data down with it. 
I have 3 external hard drives.  So right now, I should be sad that my computer is dead, but I shouldn't be sad about lost data...yet, that is not the case.  I haven't backed up my pictures in 3 months.  I haven't ever backed up my videos.  So if I can't get the data off this computer, it will be as if Nate never existed in video.  It will mean that Jason's birth and all the cute pictures I have taken since then will never be seen by anyone.  I have made a few blog posts, so those pictures should be somewhere.  But I am so sad about all the other ones. 
I took pictures of Jason in a pumpkin.  He was so cute in it.  I deleted those pictures off my camera the day before the computer died.
So far, I have tried not to think about it too much.  I'm not going to flip out until I take the computer somewhere and find out if it's dead for sure.
I am also holding out hope that my sister in law's program can recover the deleted pictures off of my memory card.  She's saved the day before...I hope she can do it again.
Anyway, I have time to write some blog posts tonight, but obviously I can't do anything about it until I get the pictures back and things are up and running again.  So it might be a while till you get any cute pictures of these kids. 
So sad...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Just a bit of info, if you didn't reconfigure your sd card (erased only)the pictures can be recovered. they can do it at Costco or any photo lab. We have had to do it for erased off of camera from over seas vacations so that's something you may want to check out :-)