Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanks Mom!

My mom is awesome.  I called her at 2:30 a.m. the day Jason was born and she was on the road and here to help.  Then she got to work.  She made sure the kids were fed and happy.  She chased Nate around and became his friend (no small feat).  She cleaned and did load after load of laundry. 
In fact, here's a laundry story for you.  I came home from the hospital and was sitting on the couch with Jason while Mike was in Nate's room getting him dressed.  I heard him talking to Nate and thought it was pretty funny...
Mike: "Should we get you dressed?  ...here are some pants...hey, you wore this yesterday.  Wow.  Really? Grandma is sure on top of the laundry!"
I think he's used to waiting the normal 7-10 days for things to make it from the laundry basket and back into the drawer to be worn :)  A 24 hour turn around is unheard of unless my mom is in town!
On the last day she was here, I had to take Jason to check his bilirubin levels.  I left and when I got back she had mopped the floor, cleaned two bathrooms, and vacuumed.  This was all with Nate around!  I couldn't believe it.  It actually made me feel like a pretty big slacker.  I don't think I've ever had such a productive morning.

Anyway, my mom has given all the kids their first bath when they get home from the hospital.  Even Sam.  It's pretty fun to have her do that. 
The funny story is that Allie and Jake were excited to see Jason get his first bath.  They begged and begged me to give him a bath all day and I wondered why they were so excited about it.  It was revealed that they remembered Nate's first bath when he peed on Grandma and they thought that it was just something that happens during a baby's first bath.  I told them that it probably wouldn't happen with Jason.  It was a pretty funny memory for all of us to see that arcing pee from Nate and I just couldn't imagine a repeat.  Well, Jason didn't let them down.  His pee was enough to rival Nate's for sure.  It wasn't the perfect arc that Nate had, but it was all over the place.  And as much as we were trying to be prepared, it still caught us off guard.



 When Nate was a baby, Grandma taught Jake that babies like to have their arms in close to them so they don't startle and flail out.  It's Jake's job to hold on to the arms.

 Here he is, all clean and in the outfit that all the other babies wore.  Pretty cute kids if you ask me.

And here's grandma.  We are so lucky.  Thank you mom!  You are a life saver.  Hopefully next time you come I can let you relax instead of work your buns off.  We love you!

No comments: