Thursday, October 3, 2013

Allie

I say it a million times that I don't know what I'd do without my Allie girl.  She is mine forever and I am so grateful.
Allie is loving first grade.  She likes her teacher and comes home with more details of her day than I got from Jake in 3 years worth of school.  
She likes to be different, but she is also terrified of being different.  Does that make any sense at all?  Here's an example.  We took her to get her eyes checked out at the beginning of the school year because she hasn't done well on the eye exams at her well child check ups for years.  She was so excited at the prospect of getting glasses that she told all her friends that she had to go to the eye doctor and would be getting glasses.  It turns out that her vision isn't bad enough to need glasses right now, so we were sent on our merry way.  I was thrilled because I knew she wouldn't want glasses about a week into wearing them and I was glad she could avoid them for at least a few years.  Allie was totally bummed.  Now she tells everyone that she will just get them in a few years.  She wants something to set her apart.  But here's the part where she's afraid of being different.  The girl loves stroganoff.  It's her favorite meal.  She wanted to put it down as her favorite meal when she fills out the "all about me" forms that come home from school, but she doesn't want people to make fun of her for it, so she puts the standard "pizza or Ramen noodles" just like everyone else.

She is in dance right now and is constantly doing cartwheels and flips in the house.  I have taught her how to do back bends off of the stairs and all sorts of things that I used to love doing.  She's always so amazed that I did some of the same things she likes to do.  Now I'm just mom.

She is such a great helper at home.  Jason and Nate both love to see her when she gets home from school.  Nate runs into her arms and gives her a hug and Jason sits and flaps his arms waiting for her to acknowledge him.  She is just as excited to see them.

Mike calls her "messy Marvin" because she is always making huge messes.  She likes to play dolls, barbies, Polly Pockets, and make brews in the yard.  All of these things get done with such a production that the mess is spread far and wide.  We try and make her clean things up, but the next day, it's the same story.  I guess it's good that she is having fun, but man...

I could go on and on, but I'll just end with her pictures and the words that I think of almost every day.  I am so glad she's mine.  This amazing girl is mine!




No comments: