Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Party

Jason doesn't even really know that he didn't get a decorated chair with balloons.  He doesn't know that his one and only gift was bought 4 years ago with another child in mind (then put away and forgotten till now).  All he knows is that his birthday was just as wonderful as any other day in his life.  I tried to respond to his cries a little quicker than usual so that made it even better than a normal day, right?
Allie felt bad for him all day because she seemed to think we needed to do more for him, but I thought we were doing just fine.

He chose Cheerios for his birthday breakfast...



I did go to the effort of making him a cute cake.  It's by far the cutest 1 year old birthday cake of any of the other kids, so that's got to count for something.
We had grilled cheese and tomato soup (the other kids requested that for him) and he loved his dinner. 


 Then he got to dive into this...





 He wasn't so sure at first, but then he tasted it and was a fan.






 I made another cake for the family and the kids were excited to get an eyeball each.




Here is Jason's one gift and all the kids fighting over it...except him.



I think he ended up having a wonderful birthday.  He is a cute kid and we all love him so much!


No comments: