Sunday, August 24, 2014

Allie's Baptism

We had the best day yesterday.  Allie was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  We baptized her in the pond by our house. 


I watched the weather the whole week before the big day and things started looking pretty bad.  The night before was a down pour like we haven't seen in months.  I didn't want to change things up last minute and have her baptized in a font, so we went through with our plans and just prayed really hard that things would work out.  Those prayers worked and Saturday came as a beautiful sunshiny day.  We had the meeting at our house and there was such a special spirit there.



We met Lily and her family down there and they were baptized together.  Pretty lucky girl to get to share the day with her friend Lily.


Allie said the water was cold, but she didn't seem to mind too much.  We had some warm towels waiting for her when they got out.



There they are!  The newest members of the church...at least for a little while.

Lots of people came to support Allie.  I was surprised when her first grade teacher came.  I thought that was so sweet of her!
 Grandpa Joe and Grandma B were there.
 Grandma Johnson
 Mitch, Lauren, Merrilee, and Herb came.
 The Parkhursts
 Grandma Bonnie
Brian and Tara's family.
And the Nicholson's.

I didn't end up with a picture of our family, but I got one with me and her together.  I love this chick-a-dee and am so proud of her.  In a way, I'm glad I just got one girl because then I can always say that she's my favorite girl and I won't feel like I'm making anyone else feel bad.  I am so grateful that she is mine and so glad to welcome her into the church that I hold dear.


Congratulations Allie Sue!  I love you!

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Thx for letting us be a part if her special day! She is such a great girl!