First day of school! The kids are out the door and gone for the day.
Allie has Miss Hellstern (the same as Jake in 2nd grade).
Jake has Mr. Simpson. He played a Despicable Me clip in his classroom at back to school night, so he must be pretty cool.
We had a bit of a chaotic morning, but we made it out the door in time to get pictures with their friends.
I think they're both excited. It should be a great day for them.
Jason and Nate sent them off with a hug and a wave. Then we went home to our quiet house.
Things aren't much different around here because they aren't ever in the house anyway in the summer, but we miss them all the same. I miss Allie letting Nate play with her for hours.
I also miss Jake's daily chore of cleaning up Jason's books.
I think we'll be reading a bit today.
Happy first day of school!
1 comment:
Cute kids! Fun to see them grow up! Hope they have a great first day!
Post a Comment