This is an old event, but still worth talking about. I had book club at my house on a night when Mike was out of town last month. I asked the kids to help me get the boys in bed and pick up things a bit. They were really excited to help and we got things done in record time. Jason and Nate were snoozing and they got the food set out on the table. I made fudge for that night (as a special request from Allie and Jake who crave it all year round.) I also made caramel popcorn and pumpkin cookies. The kids set things up and even remembered to get my chair out because they have seen it out in that room after previous book clubs. Then, it was a waiting game. I had told them that people would be there at 8. So when 8:00 came and went, they were outside looking down the street and asking me every thirty seconds when people were going to show up. They didn't realize that the ladies hardly ever show up on time (me included.) They always show up though and we did have a great time.
I love my book club and the friends that I have there. We've been going strong for 9 years now. I still feel like a traitor when I think of the year that I didn't come to this book club. I had too many things on my plate and I let this book club be the thing that I took off. Never again. I need my book club friends too much. We've chatted through all sorts of issues and read so many great books. I love book club!
1 comment:
So fun you still do that!
Post a Comment