Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Celebration of Jake

Jake got to rock the halls again on the Friday after his birthday.  



 I'm pretty proud of these reading nerds of mine.

Then Grandma took him shopping for his birthday gift.  Then it was time for dinner.  Since he got steak on his actual birthday, he wanted nachos for this birthday meal.  No one complained.  In fact, Allie said "I just might have to change my birthday meal to something besides stroganoff.  It's not fun to watch people be sad about dinner on your birthday.  I want to see people eat it and be happy."  It's actually a bummer when people don't like any dinner unless it is junk food...


 Jake also decided this year that he doesn't like cake.  So we built a doughnut tower instead.
It was a fun change.

 These kids think they are pretty hot stuff now that they can light matches.

It was a fun week of celebrating Jake.  It seems like I can't start thinking about Christmas until his birthday is out of the way.  He was due on New Year's Day and then came 4 weeks early.  I'm glad he was healthy, and I'm also glad he's at the beginning of the month.  It makes things a little less stressful.
I sure do love you Jake.  I'm grateful that you are such a happy, easy going kid.  You are a great brother and a fun kid to be around.

1 comment: