There used to be a time when I feared for Nate's life every single day. He was so wild and crazy that I was just sure I would never raise him to adulthood. Times have changed. Nate is such an easy kid these days. He makes me so happy and I have so much fun with him. Not only does he talk so much and tell funny stories, but he loves me. He loves to give me kisses, he loves to snuggle me, and he loves to be around me. I know it might make me sound needy, but I love every single minute of his snuggles and I love each one of his wet kisses. I love it when he says "you probably need a kiss from me" and leans in. Then, if we happen to smack our lips at the same time he says "we both kissed at the same time!" If he kisses one cheek, he'll say "I gotta get the other side" and he'll shove my face to the other side and give me another smacker. I love it when he says "I missed you Momma" when I come in the door from being gone (usually only for a few minutes).
Jake used to be my little lover boy. He climbed into bed with me every night and I used to worry about it and wonder how I'd ever get him to sleep in his own bed. People would tell me not to worry about it and that eventually I'd miss it. I couldn't imagine missing it, but now that he doesn't climb in bed anymore, I realize that I do. I don't necessarily miss having him in my bed, but I miss that sweet innocence of youth that he had and the way I was his world. His world has expanded now and although he loves me just as much as ever, things are different. So, when Nate climbs into my bed, I don't worry about it. I know Mike isn't a huge fan of having kids in the bed, but I don't mind so much. Right now, I am Nate's world. Jason is there too, along with Allie, Jake, and Mike. But I am the one he needs the most. He uses Mike for entertainment, but I get the love and affection. I drink it up.
Jason takes great naps. He climbs out of his crib now every day (even with the lowered mattress), but he still takes an awesome nap. So, Nate and I have from 1 to 4 to hang out together. That's when I try to be productive. Sometimes my breakfast mess stays on the counter until Jason is down for a nap. That means I feel like a total slob if people stop by before nap time because they see the mess we live in, but I can't worry about it too much. Anyway, nap time is my time with Nate. On this day, we made bread. He loves to dump the flour in and he's surprisingly good at it. He can dump it in with little to no mess.
He also likes to put his finger on the turning paddle and scoop the flour off. I love those cute little fingers and I love our time together. Nate is a great little buddy.
1 comment:
They grow up so quickly! I'm glad you are savoring the moments! Nate is a cute boy!
Post a Comment