Saturday, December 13, 2014

Two Sides of the Door

There are two sides to every door.  When I see books on the floor outside Jason's room....

 ...it means that when I open the door, I will find this...


Jason climbs out of the bed every night and then falls asleep at the door.  He does his best to get attention from anyone who will listen.  He pokes his fingers under the door and says "Allie?"  "Jake?"  He never calls for me because he knows I won't come and get him.  Allie and Jake find it almost impossible to resist rescuing him.  It is even harder for Jake because his room is right next door.
Jason's room has some french doors on the other side of the room, so I can sneak in when he's asleep and put him in his bed.  I guess that's how we are doing things for a while.  I might as well just put him in a toddler bed, but I am afraid that naps will go out the window.  For now, he doesn't climb out of his bed at nap time.
Anyway, he sure is a cute little guy...just one that has trouble falling asleep these days.

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Crazy little boy! That's funny he won't call out for you!