I have been looking at a few pictures in my folder that make me laugh, so I thought I'd share them with you.
Jason is ready to potty train...I am not. He goes pee on demand and I always cheer him on. I'll hit it hard one of these days. For now, he's just going pee when I ask him to. Allie was around for one of his successes and then handed him this picture a little while later. I laughed pretty hard at that one.
Allie loves audiobooks like me. She likes to fall asleep listening to the A to Z Mysteries. She has heard them all a dozen or more times each. She has been using a small ipod that I bought off KSL, but Jason got a hold of it and we can't find it now. I went looking for my ipod to get me through the night's chores and found this note instead.
Last, but not least, Allie and I had an argument one morning over chores. Allie had missed the bus and I asked her to clean her room for 10 minutes while I got the boys ready to get in the car and take her to school. She didn't want to clean her room, and I didn't see why she couldn't spend 10 minutes hanging up clothes and folding blankets. I was only asking for 10 minutes. She dug her heels in, and that made me dig in too. Next thing you know, I was thinking of all the things to use as punishments. I told her she couldn't go to the animal shelter with the church group that was going. She said she didn't care, and I didn't want to take her away from church things, so I took that one back and said she couldn't play with friends. She said she didn't care, so I pulled out the big guns. I told her if she didn't go to her room and clean for 10 minutes, I would take her out of dance and gymnastics. She just looked at me defiantly and told me that she didn't care. Then she went downstairs. I thought I might have won, until I came back to the kitchen to find 20 dollars and the note that said "this is for dance and gym". I called her back into the room and we had a chat. I wasn't mad anymore, I thought the note was funny, but I also thought she was being silly for not spending 10 minutes on her room. I told her that her 20 dollars was only going to buy her 2 lessons. That was a blow for her. Then I asked if she wanted to rewind the whole morning and start over. She did. We worked it out and she is still going to dance and gym, the room is clean, and she spent a lonely Saturday without friends. I'm afraid she and I are just beginning to have "conversations" like this. It's a little frustrating to have such a stubborn girl to argue with, but I guess when I say stuff like that, I remember the grief I caused my Mom when I was her age...and older...sorry Mom. We are in for it...
1 comment:
Ahhhh payback! Poor you! Glad she finally cleaned her room!
Post a Comment