Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Nap

I like 11 o'clock church.  It's nice to get up in the morning and have time to plan a meal and a lesson if I need to.  The thing I don't like about that time is what it does to Jason.  We have Sacrament on the last hour of the block, so by then, Jason is tired and hungry.  We have had many a scene in church.  Anyway, by the time we get home and feed him lunch, it's almost too late for a nap for him, so I try to keep him up so I can just put him to bed a bit earlier.
I never nap.  I think it's a waste of time.  But then there's Sunday...and for some reason, I can't keep from napping on Sundays.  9 o'clock church was perfect for napping.  I'd put Jason down and leave the others to play together and then I'd have a lovely nap.  Now, I have to leave Jason with Allie and hope that they won't destroy the house, or that Jason won't wander off on her watch.  On this Sunday, Jason came in to snuggle me while I was napping.  He got bored after a little while and went back out to play with the others...or so I thought.  Allie thought he was with me and I thought he was with Allie.  Really, he was in his room pooping.  That poop led to a small poo party, which led to the unloading of a new box of wipes in order to get rid of the poop hands.  I can only assume that all that partying made him so tired that he couldn't do anything but fall asleep at the party.



Under the books and boxes is the pile of wipes.  I was so annoyed.  It's just not worth the enjoyment of the nap I get if I wake up to a scene like this...

No comments: