Jason and Nate were completely excited to walk down the aisle of Christmas toys at Sam's club. They both picked out (and begged for) the monster truck that they wanted and then just begged for everything else. Jason found this cube thing meant for toddlers that had all sorts of buttons to push. It was 39 dollars and I watched as he pushed buttons and then pulled him away kicking and screaming.
As you may know, we have given up potty training the boy. I think he'll be going to school in diapers. So, we had to make a stop for diapers, and that's where I took my kicking and screaming, should be potty trained, 3 year old. I stood staring at the price of diapers and inwardly groaned at the thought of buying another box. I just really didn't want to. When you think you are done buying diapers FOREVER, it is really hard to break down and buy them again. So, this is the conversation I had with Jason...
Me: Jason. Do you really want that toy that you were playing with?
Jason: Yes! Less go get it!
Me: Well, these diapers are the same price as that toy.
Jason: Oh?
Me: Yeah. We could get that toy and not these diapers.
Jason: Okay! (running back to the toy)
Me: But if we get the toy instead of the diapers, that means you have to poop and pee in the toilet.
Jason: Oh? Yeah. The toilet?
Me: Yep. If we get the toy instead of the diapers, that means you can't ever poop your pants again.
Jason: Okay.
Me: So, are you going to get that cool toy!
Jason: No. Get the dappers. I don't need that toy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment