We went on our annual girls trip to St. George in October. I haven't posted yet because I don't have all the pictures that I wanted to put in here. Oh well, maybe I'll add them later when I get them.
Allie and I headed out right after Parent Teacher Conferences and picked up Kim and the girls at the airport in SLC. The cousins were giggling in the back seat before the doors were closed and we were on the road again. We slept at Grandma's that night and took off bright and early the next morning.
Here they are with the moms too.
We got to our hotel and swam in the pool, did some shopping and then went to Tuachan that night. We saw Beauty and the Beast and it was really fun. We had great seats and the girls enjoyed laughing at Gaston and the way he made Aunt Jenny swoon.
We also went to Brigham Young's house.
It was really cool to see some of the things of the era and some of the things that were originally Brigham Young's possessions. I thought it was really cool to see all the intricate woodwork that was really just pine painted to look like different kinds of wood.
Just pine!
This was his bedroom. The staircase was really steep and crazy, so he'd just stay up in his room for days at a time.
It was fun to see a bit of our church's history.
We had a fun trip. We shopped a bit and came home with some stuffed animals for the boys so they wouldn't feel left out.
I am so grateful for my Allie girl. I have fun with her when we are together. She is a funny girl who has a lot to offer the world. She's my little buddy and I'm glad we get to do this each year. It's hard for me to leave Jake behind because he is the only one of our boys who knows he is missing out on something, but these girl cousins are creating a bond that a stinky boy would just feel left out of. :)
So, Allie and I go and we have fun without distractions. We are so lucky to have each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment