Monday, November 9, 2015

Lost and Found

I wrote in the last post that our little motorcycle was stolen off our trailer in front of our house.  We were pretty sad about it, especially the kids.  I was freaked out that someone could just take something right in front of our house while we were all still awake.  It makes you lose a sense of security for sure.
Well, we kept in touch with the police and tried to give them any lead we could.  One of our friends said he saw the motorcycle the next morning in the canyon by our house.  We were on our vacation, so we sent another neighbor to look for it and they came home empty handed.  So we just resigned ourselves to the loss.
Some nights, I can hear Jake saying his prayers and one of the nights, I heard him asking for the police to get the motorcycle back.
Cute little Nate had been praying for it too.  I kept telling them not to count on getting it back and I felt bad that they were still hoping and praying.
I think it was like a tv episode for Nate.  He knew the cops were on the case and it was only a matter of time before they caught the bad guys.
I was canning salsa and grape juice and the house was a mess the next Saturday, so Mike took the kids to Wendy's for lunch.  They saw a police officer there and asked if he had any news about our motorcycle.  He hadn't even heard about it, so they all went their separate ways.  Then, the next day, while making his rounds, that police officer saw a little blue motorcycle at the gravel pit in Green Canyon (North Logan).  He checked the vin number and sure enough, it was ours.  He called Mike and he loaded the kids up in the truck and they went to pick it up.  Someone had taken off some of the stickers, but other than that, it was unharmed.  I couldn't believe it.   The smiles on these kids faces were pretty genuine.  They were so happy to get it back.


So, it was a lesson in faith and prayer for my kids and a lesson in faith and prayer for me.  I hadn't even prayed that we could get it back because I thought it was a lost cause.  I guess that shows me.  :)  

No comments: