Friday, May 20, 2016

Hill Air Force Museum

My little sister picked up her family and moved to Florida.  It's a sad thing, but what do you do?  We went down to visit the week before they left.  It was raining, so the older kids figured out how to text each other so they could all keep in touch and the little kids played with all the things Jenny was trying to pack up. 


We also went to the airplane museum.

My kids really liked it.


Jake read all the signs and spouted off facts that he learned.  Jason and Nate ran from plane to plane yelling that they liked each one the best.
We even found a plane that Dusty Crophopper got parts from after his crash.  Super cool.



We talked about WWII and how brave my Grandpa was to get into a plane and fly mission after mission.  These kids have no idea.  I guess, neither do I.  I just know what I have read in books.
Those men are an amazing generation of men.


It's pretty amazing to see those planes.  I'm glad we went.  The cousins had a great time together before the great split.  It's too bad Florida is so far away.  :(

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Will you email me a couple of those pics that my girls are in? How fun! I'm
Glad you were able to do that!