Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Spanish Fork

After years of neglect, we finally went to Sam and my Dad's grave to clean them off and pay our respects.  Things were looking pretty bad.  They have run over the marker with the lawn mower so there are chunks taken out of it and the hard water stains are bad.  It's in a sad state for sure.  My dad's marker was covered in bird poop.  We took care of it all and it looks better now.  Just in time for memorial day.
I don't know why I didn't end up with a picture of the entire family, but I guess when there are several cameras out,we all end up with different pictures.  My mom was there and my sister Lori with her whole family.


 I'm glad my mom brought the lime away!


The little boys had fun running around with their pin wheels.  They didn't want to leave them there forever, so they got to take theirs home.  Jason kept telling me that he was blowing on it for Sam (to make the flower turn).







 There's our little family.  I miss Sam the most when we are out together and I see another family with 5 kids.  I look at my group of 4 and wish that I could count to 5 when I am rounding them up.  I know it sounds silly, and I don't even know how to really describe it...so, I guess that's enough of that.
It was nice to go to the cemetery and think of those that we love.  I wish my dad could see all his grandchildren and be here to give us all advise.  I miss him.  I'm glad that grave doesn't have my mom's name on there yet.  I don't even want to see it on there for at least 30 years.  :)



I don't have any pictures, but Mike and I went to the Provo City Center Temple on Saturday morning. It is a beautiful temple and it was nice to go.  That's why I really don't feel guilty about neglecting Sam's grave.  I go to the temple and that's how I do my duty as his mother.  Sam's body is in the ground, but his spirit is alive and well and doing missionary work on the other side of the veil.  I think he can handle some hard water stains on his grave marker, but he'd be sad if I didn't do what I could to further the work of redeeming the dead.  I won't let hard water stains get on my temple recommend :).  Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Love this post! Glad we could all go together!