Sunday, May 22, 2016

Lost Shoe

Jason was playing in the river and he got all muddy and grassy.  He came to me (as I was visiting with friends) and asked if I'd help him clean his shoe off and put it back on.  I told him to go wash his shoe off in the river.  I told him to hang on tight to the shoe, but he wasn't listening very well because he tossed his shoe into the river.  I was pretty bummed because it was the only shoe that he could put on himself and we had just bought them last month.  We tried to chase the shoe down stream, but never saw it.  Jason was totally sad and said "if Jesus were here, He'd get my shoe for me."  It was a sad, sad boy that rode his bike home with just one shoe.
We came home and had dinner and then Allie mentioned that Lily had found Jason's shoe and she had brought it home.  We all expressed our surprise at getting the shoe back because I thought it had floated to the Bear River by now.
Jason said "Did Jesus give it to Lily?  Did you see Him?"  He was so excited and happy at the thought that Allie and Lily might have seen Jesus.  He also had complete faith that the shoe was found because Jesus had found it for him.  Maybe He did have a hand in things.  It sure mattered a lot to Jason and he was grateful to have his shoe back.  I thought it was a cute story, so I shared.

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

That is a cute story! The faith of a child!