Allie was getting herself dressed before she was 2, but my boys have always just had me or Mike get them dressed and they didn't/don't seem to have any desire to do it themselves. I can't remember when Jake started dressing himself, but I know Allie was doing it on her own for years before he started. This morning, Nate had a morning shower following an incident with our automatic soap dispenser, and his hair. I was busy doing other things, so he was running around naked when Mike came up the stairs from working. He doesn't like naked boys running around the house, so he said "Nate! Get dressed!" After Nate told him I wasn't getting him dressed, he said "you don't need mom to get you dressed! You can ride a 4 wheeler by yourself, you can get yourself dressed." Nate took the challenge and got himself dressed. He found his favorite shirt and paired it with his favorite shorts. Done. Does it matter that the shorts are on backward? Certainly not.
1 comment:
Good job Nate!!!!
Post a Comment