Monday, March 23, 2020

Making Favorites!

I feel like we have to think about food a whole lot these days.  We're always home.  Always staring at each other all day long, and we also have to eat.  I know we ate before, but for some reason, it feels like I have to fix formal dinners more often.  I haven't gone to the grocery store since this started, and Mike hasn't been able to get fast food.  We're never too busy to make dinner because suddenly we have all the time in the world.  So, we've had to get creative about the food we fix.  Perishables aren't available and we have to be skimpy on other ingredients so I'm not worrying about running out of things.  
Since the kids are always around, I've been having them help out more.

Jason wanted his favorite meatballs.  So, I taught him how to make them.  He was shocked that our recipe calls for grape jelly.
Nathan wanted to help bake cookies. So we did that.

There are all sorts of memes out there talking about the weight we are all gaining as a nation.  I don't doubt it.  It feels like we are always eating, or preparing to eat.

This picture is included because I love watching my kids read.  Jason and Nathan have been into these Dogman books.  It makes me so happy to look over and see a kid reading...

No comments: