Thursday, March 19, 2020

School Today


There are lots of memes going around right now about home schooling and the coronavirus.  We are all facing something crazy together and it's strange for everyone to be  home.  The only people still out working are the ones they call essential.  Like nurses and doctors.  They aren't doing any elective procedures though, so people are just home.
The home schooling memes are funny though.  The one that I laughed about today said "If I'd have known that I would be homeschooling, I wouldn't have had this many kids".
Trying to figure out this home schooling thing is no joke.  I would say Nathan's part is the worst.  We can't figure out how to fill out the worksheets online.  Allie and Jake are used to doing stuff through a program called canvas already, but the littles are thrown.
Jason can't read well enough to do any computer work alone.  Combine that with being left handed and the mouse is hard for him to work.  Nathan's problems focusing are hard when  you combine that with a whole lot of typing.  So, I sit next to the boys and try to help.
Today, Jason did an activity online that taught him about Leaf Spiders.  It read a book to him and then challenged him to draw a picture of a leaf spider.  I thought it was so cute.


We also decided to walk the loop.  It's three miles.  We called it P.E.  
It was a bit of a flop because Jason was tired half way through and we still had a little way to go.

The weather is dreary and I think we're just feeling it a bit.  It's hard not to get discouraged listening to the news.  It's hard not to be fearful.  It's hard to know what things we read about are true and what is out there just as speculation.  Time will tell.  We'll be fine in the end.  I know that for sure.
So, although today was hard, I can look at these pictures and smile.  There are so many things to smile about.

No comments: