Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Mom, it's poo!!!"

Allie got an addition to her Fisher Price farm for her birthday. It came with this chicken...


Yesterday, Allie came to me and threw the chicken at my feet saying "It's poo Mom! It's gross" Then she tried to wipe her hands on her shirt and asked me to hurry and wash them. At first, I panicked thinking that she had played with poo again and got it on the chicken (the playing with poo thing had been happening on a regular basis). I got a little carried away when I found her painting with poo in her crib last week becuase I was tired of it. (which I don't think is unreasonable.) It was the third day in a row and I told her that it was gross and she should never do it again. I put the fear in her and later regretted that I had gotten so frustrated, but I think it worked, because there hasn't been another incident in over a week. That is almost a record. Anyway, when I looked at the chicken, I noticed that the brown paint on his tail resembles poo. When I put it all together, I laughed and chased her around the house trying to "wipe the poo" on her because that is what you do when you want to scar your child for life, or at least prevent her from ever touching that chicken again.
About that same time, my friend Heidi came over to return a book and I told her the funny story. She has a daughter the same age as Allie, so I told Allie to show Lily the poo. Allie reluctantly picked up the chicken to show Lily. I got distracted talking and the next time I looked at her, Allie was tentatively licking the "poo". So that is my daughter for you. She was grossed out by the chicken, wanted me to wash her hands, and screamed when I chased her trying to wipe it on her. But she will give it a taste and see if it's any good. Mmm! Poo!

The end of the story is that the chicken is no longer a part of the farm. He has been disgraced and ostracized from the community for having poo on his tail.





3 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

That is such a funny and cute story. I can not believe she licked it!

Berly said...

That is hilarious. Warren and I are both laughing, especially at the licking poo incident. Anyways, sorry if there are 2 comments from me. It is being weird.

Tara Schwab said...

Oh Allie! That is hilarious.