The Pros:
- Jake has always been obsessed with balls, and these air soft bullets are lovely, collectible balls.
- They are the perfect size for little fingers to find and pick up.
- Allie thinks they are food, but they pass right on through and make for a nice collectible the next day in the diaper. (or is that a con?)
- Jake and Carson can spend a whole afternoon in the same area searching for them. (That means that I don't have to worry about him wandering somewhere that he shouldn't be.)
- I even enjoy searching the grass for them. It's very therapeutic.
This is from when we found the mother lode of blue ones in the road. This find bought us Moms almost a half hour of un-interrupted talking.
The cons:
- I find colorful balls in the bed.
- I find colorful balls in the tub.
- I find colorful balls in the washing machine.
- I find colorful balls with my bare feet in the middle of the night.
- My disposal has never been the same since we washed the dirty ones and let a few escape.
- My vacuum rattles, then pings as it ejects the colorful balls out the side, only to be found in obscure locations later on.
- Allie and Jake fight over the one ball they find on the floor that I didn't find with my feet. "NO, it's my bebe ball!!"
- When Allie drops one, it is the end of the world. She threw a 20 minute fit the other night because one rolled under the stove and we couldn't get it back. It's not like there aren't thousands more out there!
- I think the biggest con is that Mike and I live in fear that the lids will come off these jars. Jake walks around shaking them and I just cringe. (he collected enough to need the second jar after the blue bebe mother lode).
3 comments:
Remember when I asked what Jakes new feddish is? Since monster trucks are a thing of the past? The bebe balls are it! My boys used to collect those too!
I love the picture of all the kids in the road. Kids always find things to do that involve a lot of mess and hastle, but they are so cute!!!
My girls find those balls everyone and collect them. I secretly throw them away when I am DONE finding them around the house. How fun for you!!
Post a Comment