Heather took the pictures, and it took me a while to get them from her. So even though it was over a month ago, I just wanted to brag that my neighborhood is cooler than yours...
We had the party in Heidi's backyard...thanks for letting us play! That big sheet was our screen, and when it got dark, it was perfect.
This is Jake's friend Carson eyeing the tasty cupcakes Heidi made...note his swollen eye from a mosquito bite. The poor guy got a little beat up at our house the next week when the truck he was pushing found a dangerous pot hole. I couldn't help but say "Adrian" in a lame Rocky accent every time I saw him until the swelling went down...sorry for the short off topic wandering, I was just reminded of the scrapes when I looked at this picture, so I thought I'd add this one...
Anyway, the party didn't really get going until after dark but it was really fun. There were enough instruments for anyone who wanted to play.
Allie actually shows promising ability as a drummer...
And a dancer...Here's a picture of most the crowd.
It really was a fun night, and now we are all sad to see those long summer nights go. Thanks for the pictures Heather...I was too lazy to go get my own camera. We left when it was too dark to find the kids when they ran off. Besides, the mosquitoes were having me for a late night snack. But there were some hard core gamers that stayed out until after midnight...
We love our neighbor friends. See why I say my neighborhood is cooler than yours!
3 comments:
That is really cool! You definitely win the best neighborhood award. Lucky!!!!
How fun!! I am also going to mis those summer nights. It is getting colder at night, so I know it is on its way. JUST 2 MORE WEEKS!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!
Your neighborhood is cooler than mine. I have BSU student renters next door who like to party into the night (i guess it's really morning).
Post a Comment