Today was Jake's first day of pre-school. I cried the day he went into Sunbeams at Church, but for some reason, today didn't phase me. I think it was because I was at the dentist getting drilled, so I didn't even notice that he was really gone.
Anyway, he said he had fun. He is a man of few words, so I got the details from his friend Aubrey in the car on the way home.
When Mike heard me asking Jake about preschool at lunch, he said "he's like me. He doesn't like questions. If he wants to tell you something, he will." Wow...I guess that's a not so gentle reminder not to ask him how Allie did while I was at the dentist. If he wants to tell me he will.
I guess Mike was right because just as he was snuggled in for his nap Jake told me that he liked Mrs. Lamb and all about snack time. He talked about the puzzle piece he worked on, he said that they sang a song, read a book, etc. He even told me that there was another boy named Jake S. in the class that had brown hair...I couldn't get him to stop talking so I could leave and let him sleep. I guess next time, I'll wait for him to tell me instead of playing 20 questions.
2 comments:
I'm so glad he had a great day at preschool. It's hard to believe that he is old enough to go. Oakley started today too.
Jake in preschool. That is crazy. I'm impressed you handled it so well. Just thinking of Audrey going off to any kind of school gives me anxiety at the moment. Although - she has started throwing tantrums the last couple of days, so give me a few more years of that and I'll probably willingly push her out the door :)
Post a Comment