The dreaded day has come. Allie has learned that she can get out of her crib and have free roam of her room. She tried it out yesterday during nap time. She played in her crib for a long time. Then I heard her requesting a toy that had fallen on the floor. I didn’t want to go in there and have to fight her to go to sleep, so I left her alone. The room got quiet so I thought she was asleep. Then I heard the “beep beep” of her little toy car and went in to investigate.
Man oh man…not cool. Not only was she out of her crib, she was naked. I got her dressed again and put her back in, only to find sounds of freedom a few minutes later. She kept climbing out as soon as I put her in, and she never went to sleep.
When night time came, she was exhausted and I hoped she had forgotten the possibility of escape…no chance. I had to use my angry voice after 4 escapes for it to sink in.
Today, we are fighting the same battle for her nap. I have taken out every toy in her room, but I can’t take out the dresser full of clothes that is occupying her right now.
Jake never did this. He could, and would climb in and out on his own to get toys he wanted to play with. But when I put them in there to sleep, he would stay. I don’t know what to do about this girl. I guess the only consolation is that she still can’t open doors. (No one tell her that all she has to do to get hers open is pull real hard.)


Man oh man…not cool. Not only was she out of her crib, she was naked. I got her dressed again and put her back in, only to find sounds of freedom a few minutes later. She kept climbing out as soon as I put her in, and she never went to sleep.
When night time came, she was exhausted and I hoped she had forgotten the possibility of escape…no chance. I had to use my angry voice after 4 escapes for it to sink in.
Today, we are fighting the same battle for her nap. I have taken out every toy in her room, but I can’t take out the dresser full of clothes that is occupying her right now.
Jake never did this. He could, and would climb in and out on his own to get toys he wanted to play with. But when I put them in there to sleep, he would stay. I don’t know what to do about this girl. I guess the only consolation is that she still can’t open doors. (No one tell her that all she has to do to get hers open is pull real hard.)
I asked Allie to show me how she got out...I took pictures...I couldn't have a post like this without pictures!
2 comments:
Oh no. I hate when they learn how to climb out of their cribs. Marcie's twins were famous for this. One getting out of the crib and then climbing in the others only to wake the other one up. She bought crib tents to keep them in. They are mesh tents that go right over the top of the tent to keep them from climbing out. You can get them at Babies R Us I think. Hope that helps.
I hate when they figure this out. Kaylee was the only one so far to do this, but like Jake she stayed in her room. That little Allie is so darn cute and cracks me up. She looks soooo proud of herself.
Post a Comment