I know this sounds lame, but October 1st is my favorite day of the whole year. Why pick a day? (you ask). I remember walking across campus at Utah State on October 1, 1999 (I remember the date because my first nephew Easton was about to be born and I was really excited about it). I remember looking at the beautiful blue sky contrasted against the changing leaves. I remember the chill of fall in the air, and feeling totally content. I can still picture it all in my head. I loved my years at Utah State. I was totally happy and I felt like this was the place for me to be right then. I went to an Aggie football game that day--I think it was the Homecoming game. I just remember feeling like it was the best day ever. So, that day, as I was walking to the stadium, I decided that October first would be my favorite day of the whole year.
Not all the October firsts of the coming years stand out in my head, but I do know that they have all been good days. Today is no different. I stand at my window and look out at the hill and I love it. The sky is a brilliant blue, the leaves are changing, the air isn't as crisp as I would like it (it's been pretty warm out), but it's just been a good day. Even the things that normally make a day hard, have not been a big deal today. The kids are getting along well. We put out the Halloween decorations. Allie wore a swim suit for her outfit today, and I just didn't care. Jake stayed in his jammies until 20 minutes ago and I just didn't care. We all played with Allie's doll house, and there were no fights over who got to play with the car or the baby's crib (I decided that I could share and let Allie play with them). It was just one of those mornings that you wish could happen all the time.
They were a little wild at lunch. Allie wouldn't sit down in her chair, but just kept dancing around in her swim suit almost losing her balance at least 20 times. I later found out she didn't want to sit down because she had gone "doo doo", I can understand not wanting to sit. Thank heavens I didn't let her get in her swim suit without a diaper, which is what she wanted to do. The day might have been a lot more annoying. Maybe I am looking for it to be a good day, so I am creating the good day. Who knows, but it has been a good day. Anyway, I know this has been a post of my ramblings, but I just wanted to point out that October 1st is a great day...maybe it can be a favorite day for all of us!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree!! I don't know if I have a favorite day, but it would probably be in October. This is my favorite month!! I love it!
It does sound like you had a fun day! And the weather was nice. It was a good day all around.
I am glad you had a great day. I am glad I was able to talk to you on the phone today.
Post a Comment