At the beginning of the summer I bought Jake a lovely pair of crocs. They lasted until the summer sun got so hot that they melted. Yes, crocs can melt in the sun.
We returned to the store and bought another pair of crocs. He left them at Grandma's. To be fair (again) I could be blamed for leaving them. After all, I am Mom. That means I am responsible for everything at any given time.
We returned to the store and bought 2 pair of crocs...this time I bought the cheap ones.
Those lasted most of the summer.
Jake's feet grew out of the Sunday shoes he had, so I went to the store and bought some more. This time, I didn't take the cheap route. I justified the extra expense because I bought them HUGE and figured he could wear them to Church and school.
When Jake started to play on his own more independently, he would frequently come home without a pair of shoes. The first ones to go missing for life were the newly returned from Grandma crocs.
We searched for days to no avail.
Next, were the HUGE and EXPENSIVE shoes for Church and school. That one remains a mystery to this day. I'm hoping they are in Star Valley (the last place they were seen on the boy's feet).
After that, it goes down hill. There were many times that lost shoes were found, but unfortunately that is not always the case.
He comes home almost every day now with NO shoes! Last week, he came home with only one shoe. The other is lost forever. When asked for an explanation, he only said "I threw it in a hole somewhere". We have been on numerous reconnaissance missions for it...to no avail.
The last pair of shoes from the summer went the way of the Shoe Monster on Monday night. It was there one minute, and gone the next.
I refuse to buy more expensive shoes until we catch the Shoe Monster, or at least teach Jake how to come home with his shoes on. Maybe the Frost Monster will bite his toes this winter and teach him a lesson...sorry, I guess that isn't a very nice Mom thing to say. As long as the Frost Monster only nibbles, I'm okay with that.
The silver lining...the remaining shoes make a great match!
7 comments:
Hilarious!
If it is any consolation, my boys lost lots of shoes at that age!
We had some crocs melt in the sun. And, Nicole is constantly loosing shoes. It drives me NUTS!!
Love the "in a hole somewhere," pretty vague.
And it is always moms fault. :)
So, uh, I don't mean to nitpick, but I think the word you want is "reconnaissance."
That's embarrassing...
Joe's parent's house is a black hole for everything that belongs to my kids (or me). Fortunately it's become so saturated with "stuff" that it occasionally chucks things back out again. Recently found: Darcy's first real shoes that have been missing since she was 1 (they were in the trailer). And my oven racks, lost since we moved, were in their driveway!!. Where else would you expect to find them? One time Darcy came home without any of the clothes I dressed her in (she was wearing a pillowcase). I swear I'm not making any of this up.
E-mail me and I'll tell you how I processed those photos. Do you have Photoshop?
Post a Comment