Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Family Pictures


It's usually quite a fiasco to have our pictures taken. There are threats (from me to Mike), there are promises of treats (from me to all of them), there are dozens of rejected pictures. Last year I made Mike a little crazy because we went out 3 different times.

We have a big 24x24 inch frame that we put a picture in each year, so I have to be selective. For one thing, I don't want to stare at an awful picture the rest of the year. And another is that I have to crop it to make it square. So sometimes I'll love the picture but it can't be put in those proportions.

I haven't looked closely at all the pictures yet, so I won't be posting a big family one, but here are a few of the ones I know I love. Thanks for taking them Heather!

Jake spent the entire evening saying "cheese" without changing his face at all. Once there were bribes mentioned, he could usually snap out of it enough to at least look at the camera and give a smile.


After the official pictures were over, we let them play on the slide for a while. I had my camera out and made everyone mad by taking even more pictures after they had had their fill. Allie loves to make this face. It actually hurts my mouth to see her do it. If you can zoom in on it you can see the skeletal structure of her mouth...eww.




What outing would be complete if Allie didn't eat something from off the ground? Once again, I was too far away to stop her, so I thought I'd just snap a picture...


It's amazing how fast she can go from this...




to this...


I'll look at the family ones and put a few on later...

3 comments:

Berly said...

I love that little Allie. I see alot of my girls in her facial epressions. Jake looks adorable and I can't wait to see the pictures.

lori parkhurst said...

They turned out great. Sometimes I feel like my kids are always a mess too.

Nancy said...

Cute cute. Hey, what happened to blogging about Italy? I want to read of your adventures!