Thursday, December 2, 2010

6!

The boy is 6! I can hardly believe it. The days are long but the years are short. It seems like yesterday that we went into the hospital to have Jake, but I guess that was 6 years ago.
I went into labor early with Jake and they held it off for as long as they could (two weeks). When my blood pressure went up and the contractions still weren't stopping, they said to come in and have him. He was breech so I had my first c-section. I remember driving to the hospital and talking to Mike about names. We had narrowed things down to Benjamin Robert when Mike said "what do you think about Jacob?" I loved it. So when he was born at 7:00 that night, we named him Jacob Robert (after a pretty cool guy I know:)
Jake was a really good baby. We didn't really have to change our lives much at all. We took him to movies with us, out to dinner, over to friend's houses, anywhere we went, he came with us.
I continued to work a few nights a week and Mike took care of him. That's where the countless hours of couch time came in. That boy learned to snooze anywhere, just like his dad.
Life was great with baby Jake. We love that boy.
Now he is in the stage where he likes to make silly noises and poke us when we aren't looking. He torments Allie and wants to eat candy 24 hours a day. He is also very kind and loving. He still snuggles me daily and gives great hugs before he leaves for school. He helps Allie when she can't get something done that is frustrating her. He plays hours of "kitty" as the cat on the leash for Allie because that's her favorite game. He is learning to read and has an incredible capacity for learning science and math.
He has great neighborhood friends and has established a fun pattern of playing outside through every season.
It has been fun to see him change and grow. I love him more than I would have ever thought possible. Happy birthday boy!






























3 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy birthday to Jake! What an adorable kid.

lori parkhurst said...

I love that Jake boy too. I remember when you had that boy six years ago like it was yesterday. I was so happy you were a mommy. You have always been such a sweet auntie, I knew you would be an awesome mother.

Tara Schwab said...

Oh those cute pictures! Sweet little guy! Wow, has it been 6 years? He is getting so tall.