Egg Salad Sandwiches! I'm sure there are many things that start with E that I could have written about, but as I sat down to type, I started to crave an egg salad sandwich...so there you are. Since I will frequently refer to an egg salad sandwich, I think I'll dub it "eggss" from here on out :)
I don't know when I had my first eggss, but I do remember hating them. I think it's because we primarily used Miracle Whip. Now, I don't know what kind of "sauce" you like, but I don't like Miracle Whip. In fact, I hated all sandwiches that weren't PB&J until I discovered mayo. After that, everything was better. I'll never go back.
I was pregnant with Sam and it was around Easter, so the eggs were on sale. I bought 5 dozen and wondered what I would do with them. I made the family bunsteads for dinner. What are bunsteads you ask? Tuna, cheese, pickles, eggs, and mayo toasted on a bun. They are yum...but most people don't like them. In fact, Mike wouldn't touch them for years. I finally made him try a bite and now he eats them too. Allie can't get enough. Jake is still adamant that he isn't a fan. Maybe some day.
Anyway, I had all these boiled eggs and decided to make an eggss. It hit the spot. I was at the point in the pregnancy where I had to eat or I'd be sick, but nothing sounded good. Well eggss sounded good. So I ate one daily. I looked forward to lunch time when I could have my sandwich...every day.
When we had to start going down to SLC for doctor appointments, there was a time that we were going to be there during the lunch hour. Mike was rushing me out the door and could not believe that I was wasting valuable time making eggss for lunch. I insisted and I still remember how good that sandwich tasted on the way down to Salt Lake. How's that for crazy?
I went through so many eggs that pregnancy. I took a small break from the sandwiches after Sam was born. Not that I didn't like them, I just didn't crave them like before. Then I got pregnant with Nate. Needless to say, more eggs were consumed.
Eggs were on sale last week. I bought a bunch, so today was egg salad sandwich day.
So, there it is...e is for an excellent egg salad sandwich!
No comments:
Post a Comment