It's been a fun month with Nate. He is into everything, but he is also at my favorite stage. He laughs more readily and is exploring the world. He is so great at entertaining himself for long stretches with just one little toy. He loves to sit on the wood floor and tap tin toys to hear the sound it makes. He also loves to roll a ball around and follow it where it goes. It's funny to see how he crawls when the ball goes onto the textured rug. He doesn't like to scrape his knees on it so he stink bug crawls.
He still loves to taste everything.
He was watching his shadow here for a few minutes.
He isn't really a fan of baby food, but he loves to feed himself. He eats anything.
My only complaint about this age is the thing that is happening right now as I type. He won't go to bed without a fight. He gets standing up and can't get back down so he screams and screams. I help him lay back down only to see him fight his way back up. He wants to be held and rocked to sleep which is what happens when Mike is around. Mike has been around a lot more lately because he had knee surgery. He can't stand to hear Nate cry. So he comes up and rocks him to sleep. That has created a monster for me. I spend more time getting the boy to fall asleep than I end up getting in free time because he doesn't nap long stretches anymore. It's been tough. I hate being the mean mom that sits here and types while my baby screams in the other room, but he needs to get back into the habit of falling asleep on his own.
On to the pictures...
Jake 7 months
Allie 7 months
Nate 7 months
1 comment:
I am amazed at how well Nate is getting around! I loved the pictures of him 'tasting' things! Good luck with the sleep thing--it's a war!
Post a Comment