Friday, October 28, 2011

A day in the life of Nate

Hi.  I'm Nate.



A little while ago, my big brother Jake drew a picture of my mom and said she was lazy.  She laughed about it, but I know that it bugged her a little bit.  I decided to let you all know what we do in a day.  Just to make sure she can remember that she isn't lazy.

First, I wake up a few times in the night.  Really, it's just to confirm that she can still hear me from all the way in my room.  She feeds me, and if I'm lucky, she lets me stay the rest of the night snuggled up next to her.  I try to eat real slow so I can make sure she falls asleep and doesn't remember I'm there or she'll put me back into my bed.  
We try to sleep as long as we can and then I try to be patient while mom gets Jake off to school.  Then I start to fuss as she gets Allie breakfast.  Finally, it's my turn for some breakfast.


I really like food.

 
I get really sticky with some foods, and sometimes more ends up on the floor than in my tummy, but I really don't like to eat unless I can feed myself.
Mom puts me in the bath so I can smell good all day.  I love the tub.

It looks like mom just cleaned the tub.  I think I'll poop in it today. Just to give her something to do.

I hate getting dressed.  It interferes with my diaper game...the one where I pull out each diaper one by one and fling it off the table.  It's pretty fun.




After the tub, I get to roam the house for a while.  I like to do the usual things, like check for "seconds" under the high chair.  Sometimes mom hasn't swept up after me and I can have a tasty treat.  That usually gets her attention.
The other day, mom went to get some eggs and the fridge didn't close behind her.  That was fun. 

This is my favorite drawer.  Mom opens it up and I get to play with anything I want in there.  I like to pull out a toy, taste it, and put it on the floor so I can find another toy to taste.





After all that playing, mom tries to make me sleep.  Sometimes I go without a fight.

I don't like to sleep too long.  What if my mom is missing me? 

One thing I have learned is that mom doesn't like to hear me cry in the bed.  I can whine and make noise and she doesn't do anything about it.  But as soon as I start belting out my high pitched scream, she comes and rescues me.  She said that I am lucky that I get spoiled.  She said that Jake and Allie grew up too fast and Sam went to heaven.  So she is a different mom now.  I like it.

I also like it when mom is cooking.  She gets her hands all dirty and can't stop me when I am getting into the really fun things.  That's when I like to eat the dirt from the plants, eat shoes that haven't been put away, search for any small toys that Allie has left out, or hope that someone left the bathroom door open so I can go eat toilet paper.  That really gets mom grossed out.





When I see mom doing the dinner dishes I really get mad.  She should be holding me instead!  I try to pull out the silverware and mom pushes me away, so I climb up her leg and cry until she picks me up and then we get to play.  Sometimes she takes me downstairs and dad plays with me while she gets Jake and Allie in bed.  I know how to turn the volume up on the tv downstairs.  I do that several times a night.

I've learned that at bed time, mom doesn't care at all that I cry really loud.  She says that she's "done" and no matter how hard I cry, she leaves me in there.  But dad can hear me from downstairs and he comes to my rescue.  I get to fall asleep on his shoulder.  It's a pretty sweet life.

So there you have it.  I won't bore you with the other details of the day, like how many times I cry when Allie comes around. 
Or how often I fall over trying to climb up on things.
All I know is that mom is always there for me.  She kisses me all over and makes me smile again.  We have a pretty fun life.

3 comments:

Stephanie Hancock said...

I think you've captured him completely! Loved this!

Tara Schwab said...

A cute post for a cute boy. It is really easy to get overwhelmed and bored at the same time by the mundane things when it comes to being a mom. But then you realize how fast it all goes and remember to enjoy it.

Diana said...

Really cute. I am sure that covers it all.