Saturday, October 15, 2011

My brother ate my homework!

When Jake went to the school library for the first time, he came home lecturing me about the proper care of library books.  It cracked me up to hear him tell me the rules of reading library books.  As if I would ever let him eat pizza then turn the pages of a book.  As Jake has grown older, he is developing some of my attributes.  He can't stand to lose things and he doesn't like to break the rules.  So he is responsible about library books for sure.
I was playing on the floor with Nate while Jake did his homework.  Now that Nate is everywhere and anywhere in our house, I have tried to teach the kids that if they leave something out, it's going to get eaten or drooled on.
Nate spotted Jake's homework folder and headed straight for it. 

 I stopped him a few times and told Jake to move his things.  He wasn't very quick about it so I decided I'd just let him go.

Jake thought it was funny, but oh he was stressed out that Nate would drool on his book.


The boy does drool a lot.  Check out that shirt!
But he is so cute!


While we are on the subject of Jake and Nate, I wanted to say that Jake is so sweet with Nate.  He is soft with him and patient.  He loves to make him smile and he is a really big help when I need it.  He might stress out about a wet and soggy homework book, but he sure does love his baby brother.

1 comment:

Susanna said...

Awww, Jake is such a sweet big brother! I think my favorite part about having babies again, is seeing my older kids treat them with such tenderness. I actually worried that my older kids (especially Phebe) would have some jealousy issues, but they have not at all. In fact, the fights that ensue at our house are usually about who get to play with , read to, or change the diaper of one of the babies. It warms my heart to see them love each other. Your kiddos are so cute Sue...I wish I was around to see them more!