Me: After you get done brushing my hair, lets go down and see if we can get the stuff cleared out of the room downstairs so we can get you moved down there.
Allie: We can't get paint till dad gets home with the car though.
Me: No, we won't be able to paint it for a while.
Allie: I wish we could put a bed in the toy room for me.
Me: This room will be much better.
Allie: Did you know that Lily doesn't have a laundry bed.
Me: A what?
Allie: Lily doesn't have a bed that is covered in laundry like my bed.
I laughed about that one for a long time.
It has become evident that Allie and Jake need to go their separate ways. Allie doesn't want to go to bed at night, so she bugs Jake. Every night becomes a cry fest at our house (Allie crying because she "can't fall asleep"). This crying wakes Nate up, keeps Jake from falling asleep, and makes me a mad mom. We are hoping that splitting them up and putting her far away from Nate will solve the problem.
The available room is our "guest" bedroom, otherwise known as the room that holds all the clothes. Clean clothes, clothes that are too small, clothes that are too big, clothes that are waiting for me to repair...clothes everywhere! It has gotten so full that I have to have a week's notice if a guest is coming to stay :)
Needless to say, this is a project.
I have whittled away at it for a few weeks now (Nate's sickness made naps short and unproductive). Now it is getting close to being ready for the girl. I'll have to post some pictures when we get it done.
It just makes me laugh that Allie thinks she has to share her bed with the laundry. I guess I'll have to prove her wrong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, your little guy is SOOOO Cute!!!!! I love those pictures of him crawling around the floor and putting his mouth on everything, and I love his sweet little rolls. Awww, I just want to squeeze him! Your other kids are getting SO BIG! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? I never thought I would say that, but now that we have moved away, I can see how fast kids grow up when you don't see them all that often. Beautiful family Sue....you do great work!
P.S. I hope all you ladies from book club are going to see the next twilight movie together. Opening night, screaming teenage girls (okay and adults),sitting in the very front row, it is a memory that I will keep forever!
Post a Comment