Today I asked you to put a letter in the mailbox for me. You were on your way out the door to see if Lily could play and you said "sure!"
I watched from the window as you stopped and watched a butterfly swoop in and out of reach. You dropped the letter and tried to catch it. My heart was filled with love and a smile was on my face. I thanked Heavenly Father for you. I think I do it a thousand times a day.
I watched you walk and smiled as I remembered the morning. You picked out your clothes and needed help with the button of the pants. You smiled and said "hey!" when I swatted you on the bum and you hopped away. You asked me if the shirt matched and I reminded you that everything matches with jeans.
I told you that you still needed to brush your hair before you could go. I offered to do it and you said "no, you do it too fast." You brushed your hair as I watched you. I saw the new scab on your head from when you ran into the tree yesterday and warned you not to pick the scab or it would scar. You said "like Jakey's scar?" You told me that you were only touching it and that you wanted to touch it lots during the day.
You got the grand idea of putting two clips and one ponytail in your hair. I tried to do it my way (neat and pretty). You said "no" and did it your own way. You allowed me to put in the ponytail and wanted to see it in the mirror. While I had you in my bathroom, I put some lipstick on you too. Such a pretty girl.
You zipped up your own jacket and were so proud.
I watched you chase that butterfly and couldn't resist the urge to get my camera. By the time I had it, you remembered the letter and went to the box. You put it in and, seeing that the flag was already up, you put it down so you could put it back up yourself.
Sometimes your independent streak causes us to battle. You forget that I am the mom and you forget to listen to what I ask you to do. You just do what you want to do. I hope you will always be pointed in the right direction so that when you do what you want to do, it will also be what the Lord wants you to do.
You saw me taking pictures of you and it broke the spell. You laughed at me and let me take a few more. You yelled that you loved me as you rode your bike up the street.
I love you Allie Sue. You are my little buddy. I hope you always will be. I can tell that we will battle...we already do. We are both stubborn, but we also love deeply. Thanks for loving me and thanks for being my cute little girl.
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
I loved this post.
Post a Comment