Sunday, November 20, 2011

8 months!

Wow...another month!  Nate is so fun.  We have had a great month.  He is such a happy guy.  We are in the midst of another snotty cold and more eating woes, but he is still so fun.  I love being his mom.
As for new tricks, he is starting to recognize his name and come when he is called.  I know it sounds dog like, but it is new.  He can wave at you, and claps when he gets happy.
He loves food and can sign "more" and "eat".  I think he is working on "milk".  He knows what it means, but doesn't do it back consistently.
He is still really good at sitting with one toy and playing for a long time.  If he is interested enough, I can get dishes done while he plays in his drawer.  If he isn't interested enough, he is in the dishwasher, or pulling up on cupboards only to fall and cry, or finding the stairs and trying his hardest to get past the chair so he can tumble down (he's done it twice).  I know that a chair isn't the best of baby gates, but the stubborn side of me says that it worked with the other kids, so it should work for him too.  I guess he is just a different brand.
Remember when he used to poop in the tummy tub almost daily?  Well, it is becoming routine to do it in the big tub too.  I can't really let him relax and hang out in there or it is inevitable.  Gross!  He'll be embarrassed about that when he's older, but it's just a story that has to be told :)

Anyway, on to the pictures...

Jake...



Allie...




Nate...


 



Pretty cute kids!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Violet poops in the bathtub every day too. Gross.