Since you didn't listen that night, I decided that I needed to cry when you put me down or left the room. I kept hearing you tell people that I was getting too attached to you and that I was getting separation anxiety. I don't know what all that means. I was just trying to tell you that my ears hurt. You didn't listen.
Things were still pretty sore for a while. Then I felt a pop and all this gunk came out of my ear. That got you worried. How can you understand oozy gunk...but you can't understand me? I was tugging on my ears for days! Doesn't that mean anything to you?
I guess I shouldn't be too hard on you. I heard the doctor tell you that some kids get ear infections without a fever. I am also at the age where discovering an ear can provide me with lots of entertainment.
I guess we can make a deal. Next time, I'll try to cry more and have a fever...and you try not to let it go so long my eardrums rupture. Sounds like a plan to me!
Love,
Nate
2 comments:
I've done the same thing--I felt so terrible! Hope he's feeling better soon!
That sucks! My kids don't get fevers either so I have to play the guessing game. Sorry, hope it heals up quickly.
Post a Comment