Monday, November 14, 2011

Another Night Owl

Allie has a hard time falling asleep.  Every once in a while, she comes out and says "I wish I were grown up so I could stay up late like you."  I tell her that I wish I were a kid and I could go to sleep like her.
One night I told her that she could stay up late if she cleaned. 
You should have seen the look of joy!
She got right to work...


She put away all the shoes.

Then she organized Nate's toys.


Then she got to work on her room. 


By this time, I was on to her "style" of cleaning, so I went to check on the quality of her sweeping job.  One look under the coffee table was enough to explain why she didn't need a dust pan...


Apparently she has been using the place for months to stash candy wrappers, broken crayons, and miscellaneous polly pocket shoes.
Oh well...
It was great to let her stay up and be productive.  Although she still has a hard time falling asleep, she hasn't asked to stay up again either.

No comments: